Don’t miss this special offer that allows you to go rhino tracking on foot! This whirlwind five-day safari focuses on the wild, remote Samburu in Kenya’s rugged north. You’ll begin your adventure in the Kalama Conservancy, seeking the famed Samburu Special Five. Next, you’ll head across to the Sera Wildlife Conservancy, where you’ll have not one but two opportunities to track rhino…
Special Offer | 5-Day Kenya | Rhino Tracking Samburu National Reserve
Welcome to Kenya! On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met and transferred to Wilson Airport in time for your hour-long flight to Samburu’s Kalama Airstrip. On arrival, you will be met by your guide and transferred to Saruni Samburu. Settle in, relax and then depart for your afternoon game drive in some 80,000 hectares of pristine wilderness. Enjoy sundowners with breathtaking views before returning to the lodge for dinner.
Rise and shine for your early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve, where you will seek out the Samburu Special Five and the well-known larger wildlife, including elephant, lion and leopard. Head back to the lodge for a light three-course lunch, enjoy a dip in the infinity pools and lap up a complimentary half-hour, back-and-neck massage at the Samburu Wellbeing Space. Enjoy an evening game drive in the Kalama Conservancy, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience.
Following a lie-in and a hearty breakfast, depart Saruni Samburu and head for Saruni Rhino in the Sera Wildlife Conservancy. Get settled in at camp before going to the Rhino Sanctuary – late afternoon as the temperature lowers – to start your exhilarating on-foot rhino-tracking adventure. After driving to within a short distance of the endangered black rhino, you’ll leave the vehicle and track the rhino in the safety of a guide and a ranger. Communication between rangers allow you to track as many rhino as possible in the allotted time. After an exhilarating up-close-and-personal experience, game drive back to camp, where a lantern-lit bush dinner awaits you in the idyllic setting of the dry river bed.
An early start gets you to nearby natural wells in time to witness Samburu pastoralists singing to their livestock while bringing up water from the depths, as they’ve done for centuries. Birders and non-birders will delight in the incredible spectacle that is thousands of sand grouse dipping in to take water. Return to camp and enjoy a refreshing swim in the natural rock infinity pool, followed by lunch in the shade, with breathtaking views of the waterhole. Afterwards, simply relax or embark on a second round of rhino tracking. Finally, have dinner under the starlit African skies before heading to bed for your last night in the remote wilderness of Kenya’s northern frontier.
Following breakfast in camp, or equipped with a picnic breakfast, depart Saruni Rhino to the airstrip for your light-aircraft flight back to Wilson airport, where you will be met and transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward travel arrangements.
- Rates for children and single travellers are available on request.
- Rhino tracking available for those 16 years and older.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- Meals and drinks as specified
- Limited laundry service
- One complimentary 30-minute back-and-neck massage per room per stay
- Shared day and night game drives in 4×4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- One rhino tracking experience fee per day at Saruni Rhino
- Bush meals, sundowners and picnic excursions
- Cultural visits transfers
- Airport assistance
- All internal flights and return airstrip transfers
- Conservation fees
- Temporary Flying Doctors cover
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Premium-brand drinks, Champagne, Cognac, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to cultural visits
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- Exclusive-viewing activities or exclusive use of vehicle
- National park and concession fees not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Fly camping (applicable to certain camps)
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Cultural village visits
- Hot-air ballooning
- Spa treatments