Go on a breathtaking journey of surreal Namibia with this safari. Start off in the NamibRand Nature Reserve, just south of Sossusvlei, land of huge sand dunes. Next, pass through Swakopmund, and over the Skeleton Coast, before settling in at Hoanib Valley, home to desert-adapted wildlife. Finally, it’s back to the magical Skeleton Coast, with the fresh breeze of the Atlantic.
7-Day Namibia | Fly-in NamibRand Nature Reserve, Kaokoland & Skeleton Coast National Park
Welcome to Namibia! You’ll be met by your guide at Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek and then embark on your light-aircraft flight to Kwessi Dunes in the NamibRand Nature Reserve, just south of Sossusvlei. Here, G&Ts will be ready and waiting! Settle in and relax around the airy main living area before enjoying your dinner under the stars and retiring to the campfire for post-dinner safari tales
Today, you’ll spend time exploring the magical NamibRand and Sossuvlei area, whether simply by soaking up the magic of the location or by partaking in the activities on offer, including morning and afternoon scenic drives, nature walks and quad biking, to name a few. Whatever your choice, this will be a day to remember. Don’t forget your binocs to keep a lookout for springbok and oryx, as well as some of the rarer creatures like aardwolf.
Hoanib Valley Camp
Hop back on the plane for a scenic flight over the famous Eduard Bohlen shipwreck, Conception Bay and Sandwich Harbour, before touching down in Swakopmund for a beach lunch. Then, it’s onward to Hoanib Valley Camp, over the dramatic Skeleton Coast and then inland to the beautiful interior of the country, where you can enjoy your dinner under the African sky.
Hoanib Valley Camp
Spend today looking for desert-adapted giraffes, game driving through the sandy terrain or visiting the local Himba communities. You may be lucky enough to spot desert lion and rhino. One certainty, however, is that there is lots on offer. End your day with dinner under the stars, swapping stories of your adventures around the crackling campfire.
Get ready to enjoy the best transfer drive on the continent! You’ll pass incredible rock formations and desert-elephant digging for water before arriving at the crashing waves and rolling dunes of the Skeleton Coast. Wow! See the day out with dinner in the ship-style dining room, surrounded by candelabras and old silverware.
Enjoy your time at the award-winning Shipwreck Lodge. Activities on offer include quad biking, visits to the Clay Castle and seal colony and game drives. You could be lucky enough to spot giraffes, lions, baboons, elephant and elusive brown hyena in the dunes, while at the coast you’ll find hundreds of Cape fur seals at the Möwe Bay seal colony, and plenty of birds flitting through the chilly ocean spray. Otherwise, just put your feet up and admire the views.
This morning you’ll meet the plane and fly back down the stunning Atlantic Coastline, before arriving back in Windhoek for your onward travel arrangements.
- Trip departs every Sunday within the specified date ranges.
- There is a minimum requirement of two people required to run the trip.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- Optional post-safari extension to include Etosha National Park is available at an additional cost.
- Children of all ages welcome – rates available on request.
- Meals and drinks as specified
- Emergency medical-evacuation insurance
- Flights and inter-camp road transfers as specified
- Scheduled transfers as specified
- Shared/scheduled/private activities as specified
- National park and concession fees
- Airport taxes
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Premium-brand drinks, Champagne, Cognac, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- Exclusive-viewing activities unless specified
- National parks and concession fees not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- COVID-19 testing and certification fees if required
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Helicopter flights
- Hot-air ballooning
- Spa treatments