Short on time? This express Botswana safari maximises hours spent on safari with light-aircraft flights from place to place. First, spend a magical two nights at Oddballs’ Enclave, a small atoll just off the southwest edge of Chief’s Island, bordering majestic Moremi Game Reserve. Next, jet off to Savuti Camp in the heart of Chobe National Park, on the game-rich Savute Marsh, where you’ll spend two nights before hopping back off to Maun for your onward travel arrangements.
5-Day Botswana | Fly-in Okavango Delta & Savute
Upon arrival in Maun, you’ll be met by a representative, who will assist you to the light aircraft and onwards air transfer to Oddballs’ Enclave. On arrival, you’ll be met at the airstrip and welcomed to the island by your private guide, who will remain your companion for the duration of your stay. Here you will walk unarmed among the full range of Africa’s wildlife, which is an experience that will live with you for a long time. Your guide is intimate with this landscape, and his knowledge of the big and little things that comprise it will astound you.
The Enclave offers only walking and mokoro trips, in the traditional dugout canoe of the swamps. Your private guide (maximum of two guests per guide) was born and raised in the area. He owns his mokoro (the genuine wooden article, no plastic replicas here) and will take you out on it in the early mornings and afternoons. Explore nearby islands, where he will walk with you to view game and the spectacular landscape that is the Okavango. On request, the camp will pack a picnic lunch for you, allowing you to stay out the whole day.
After breakfast at Oddballs’ Enclave, you will depart by light aircraft to Camp Savuti. From Savuti airstrip, you will embark on a 20-minute game drive in Chobe National Park to Camp Savuti. Here you can enjoy game drives, and in between enjoy the comfortable open lounge, bar, dining area and fire pit, all overlooking the Savuti Channel.
Enjoy the camp’s activities, including morning and afternoon game drives through the park and along the fringes of the channel and marsh. The game-viewing vehicles are open to facilitate game watching and photography, and your guide will delight in showing you the beauty and diversity of Savuti’s natural wonders. This camp offers superb game and bird watching and the open area around the marsh is truly spectacular.
Enjoy an early morning safari, after which breakfast is served. Depart Camp Savuti via light aircraft to Maun for your onward journey.
- This itinerary starts and ends in Maun.
- Single traveller refers to a single person who is travelling as part of a group, whereas a solo traveller refers to a person travelling alone.
- Extra nights can be added, at an additional cost, on request.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- All meals
- Teas/coffees and snacks
- Drinks (soft drinks, water, beers, select wines and spirits)
- Government taxes and levies
- Park fees
- Light aircraft transfers, starting and ending in Maun
- Premium-brand drinks (imported beers, wines and spirits)
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Hot-air ballooning
- Spa treatments