Get the experience of a lifetime with this short but action-packed safari adventure. After arriving in Uganda, spend one night in the town of Entebbe, which is set on a peninsula in Lake Victoria. Bright and early the next morning, fly to the wonderfully named Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, and settle in to your lodge among the trees. The next day brings the highlight of this holiday: the chance to go trekking in the wild, seeking gorillas…
4-Day Uganda | Gorillas Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa
Welcome to Uganda! On arriving in Entebbe, clear immigration and customs and meet your representative, who will accompany you on your private vehicle transfer to your hotel.
Enjoy breakfast, then embark on a private vehicle transfer to Entebbe International Airport and depart on your flight to Kihihi Airstrip. Your lodge representative will meet you on arrival, and drive you to your safari lodge, perfectly positioned on the forest edge. Relax after lunch and take the afternoon to prepare for your gorilla trek the next day.
After an early breakfast and briefing from your guide, set off into the equatorial rainforest with your guides and porters, who will carry camera equipment, additional clothing and bottled water. Trek along the slopes of the Virunga mountain range, ascending slowly through dense bamboo and foliage for up to several hours while your guides locate a habituated gorilla family. Spend quality time with your gorilla family, watching them feed and socialise, before trekking back to your start point and lodge.
After breakfast, embark on a road transfer to Kihihi Airstrip for your light-aircraft flight to Entebbe, and your further travel arrangements.
- The gorilla trek takes place at high humidity, with steep terrain and dense vegetation, and requires a reasonable level of fitness.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- Rates for larger groups are available on request.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks as indicated
- One gorilla permit per person
- All ground transportation in Uganda by private vehicle
- Services of experienced guides during your gorilla trek
- All entrance fees, wildlife sanctuary fees, government taxes and statutory charges
- All airport transfers with landside meet-and-greet service on arrival and departure
- Laundry at Bwindi Lodge
- Meals, drinks and laundry not specified
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing/exclusive excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- National parks and concession fees not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Spa treatments