While this four-day safari might be short, it’s large in terms of the unforgettable experience it offers. Your adventure begins in Kigali, Rwanda’s capital city, which boasts a vibrant nightlife. After breakfast the next day, you’ll set off for the Volcanoes National Park, a misty and magical place that’s home to mountain gorilla. You’ll get to visit some of these impressive creatures the next day as you trek into the Virunga Mountains. Then it’s time to return home.
4-Day Rwanda | Gorillas Volcanoes National Park
Kigali Serena Hotel
Welcome to Rwanda! On arrival in Kigali, you will clear immigration and customs and meet your representative, who will accompany you on your private vehicle transfer to the Kigali Serena Hotel. Relax and settle in before your adventure begins.
Enjoy breakfast then travel by road from Kigali, driving north through the terraced hills of Rwanda’s small-scale farms towards the cloud-shrouded Virunga Mountains. You’ll arrive at your safari lodge for lunch, with the afternoon at leisure to prepare for your gorilla trek.
After an early breakfast and briefing, set off with your guides and porters into the equatorial rainforest, searching for your designated mountain gorilla family. Trek along the slopes of the Virunga Mountain range, ascending slowly through dense bamboo and foliage for up to several hours while your guides locate the habituated gorilla family. Your porter will carry camera equipment, additional clothing and bottled water. Once you’ve found them, you will spend quality time with your gorillas, watching them feed and socialise before trekking back to your start point and lodge.
Wake up to the sounds of the forest and enjoy a final breakfast at the lodge before you embark on a road transfer to Kigali. Time permitting, you will stop at local craft market and cultural centre before you arrive at Kigali International Airport for your onward flight arrangements.
- The gorilla trek takes place at high altitude with humidity, steep terrain and dense vegetation and requires a reasonable level of fitness.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- Rates for larger groups are available on request.
- Meals as indicated
- One gorilla permit per person
- All ground transportation in Rwanda by private vehicle
- Services of experienced guides for gorilla trek
- All entrance fees, wildlife sanctuary fees, government taxes and statutory charges
- All airport transfers with landside meet-and-greet service on arrival and departure
- Laundry at Virunga Lodge
- Meals, drinks and laundry not specified
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing/exclusive excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- National park and concession fees not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Spa treatments