Take in two key areas of Zimbabwe on this short-but-punchy five-day safari. Your journey begins and ends in Joburg, South Africa, and includes flights. First up is the world famous Victoria Falls, one of the seven greatest natural wonders of the world. After taking in the sights, you’ll head down to Hwange National Park, renowned for its huge herds. Here you’ll enjoy game drives and walking safaris before jetting back to Joburg.
5-Day Zimbabwe | Return Flights JHB Victoria Falls & Hwange National Park
Ilala Lodge Hotel
From Johannesburg International Airport, embark on a mid-morning flight to Victoria Falls. On arrival, you will be met and transferred Ilala Lodge. Settle in and relax before you enjoy a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River.
Ilala Lodge Hotel
Enjoy breakfast and head off to enjoy your two-to-three hour guided tour of Victoria Falls. You will be accompanied through the rainforest by a qualified guide who will give a brief history of the falls as well as detail the flora, fauna, bird and wildlife and other points of interest. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring the town or enjoying other activities around the area (additional cost).
Enjoy breakfast then embark on a two-hour road transfer southbound to Camp Hwange. Settle in before you meet mid-afternoon to discuss the afternoon’s activity. Depart camp and head out into the bush; here you are on a concession from the national park and you can enjoy night drives, which allow you to view the nocturnal species that inhabit the area.
Just before the sun rises your day on safari begins. Gather at the campfire to have a light breakfast then depart on a short game drive. At a designated area, you will be briefed and set off on a safari walk. Return to camp in the late morning for brunch, after which you can enjoy a siestaor sit and watch the activities at the waterhole. Mid-afternoon, gather again to discuss the afternoon’s activity. Hampers of delicious foodstuffs and refreshments will accompany your every adventure into the bush, be it on foot or vehicle.
Depart Camp Hwange for a road transfer back to Victoria Falls Airport for your return flight to Johannesburg.
- There is a minimum requirement of two people to run the trip.
- Single traveller rates are for those travelling as part of a group.
- Upgrade to a Business Class flight on the Johannesburg–Victoria Falls–Johannesburg route for USD150 per person.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Flights as specified
- Scheduled shared transfers as specified
- Shared/scheduled/private game-viewing activities as specified
- National park and concession fees
- Airport taxes
- Meals and drinks as specified
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- Carrier imposed surcharges
- Exclusive viewing activities unless specified
- National park and concession fees not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Hot-air ballooning
- Spa treatments