This fantastic five-day safari allows for both gorilla trekking and river cruising in the exciting Republic of Congo. Start off by flying into Ngaga Camp in Odzala-Kokoua National Park, from which you’ll enjoy daily treks to visit the primates – an experience that will stay with you forever. Then transfer to Mboko Camp, in another part of the park, where you can unwind a sunset river cruise before heading back home.
5-Day Congo | Gorilla-trekking Safari Odzala-Kokoua National Park
Welcome to the Republic of Congo! On arrival at Brazzaville’s Maya-Maya Airport, you will be met and assisted by a member of the Odzala tea Embark on your scheduled two-hour flight to Mboko Airstrip and then onto a three-hour road transfer through Odzala-Kokoua National Park to Ngaga Camp. Here you will meet the gorilla research team and have dinner.
After an early breakfast, set off with your guide and tracker, searching for your designated mountain gorilla family. Trek through dense foliage, littered with brightly coloured pods, flowers, and fungi while the gaps in the canopy allow shafts of light through. Once you’ve found them, you will spend quality time with your gorilla family, watching them feed and socialise. Return to camp to enjoy lunch and some time to relax. Don your boots for a forest walk of bird watching and discovery of the forest life, followed by river sundowners.
Wake up to the sound of the forest, enjoy your breakfast and depart with your guide and tracker on your next gorilla-trekking adventure. Return to Ngaga Camp for lunch and spend some time with the gorilla research team. Enjoy a forest walk and a night walk to view the nocturnal forest life. Enjoy dinner at Ngaga Camp.
Spend a relaxed morning around camp or complete your third gorilla trek. Then it’s time to embark on a road transfer through Mbomo village (witnessing Sunday village life) and Odzala-Kokoua National Park. Arrive at Mboko Camp in time for lunch, followed by a kayak safari or sundowner river cruise.
Enjoy breakfast at Mboko Camp, then embark on your scheduled flight from Mboko Airstrip to Brazzaville’s Maya-Maya Airport, where you can continue with your onward travel arrangements.
- This itinerary starts and ends in Brazzaville.
- The gorilla trek takes place at high altitude with humidity, steep terrain and dense vegetation and requires a reasonable level of fitness.
- Single travellers are guests travelling within a group but not sharing a room.
- Solo travellers are guests travelling alone, not within a group.
- This is a quotation only and is subject to availability of all services at the time of booking.
- Meals, house wines, beers, spirits, water and soft drinks
- Return flights between Maya-Maya Airport (Brazzaville) and Mboko Airstrip (Odzala-Kokoua National Park) on Mondays/Thursdays
- Three Odzala Observer gorilla tracking permits, boating/kayaking and forest walks
- Airport meet-and-greet in Brazzaville and full airport assistance on arrival
- Congo letter-of-invitation fee, Congo/Central African Republic border-control formalities and services and all third-party fees, including medical evacuation, community and park fees
- Limited laundry and internet access (limited wi-fi available in camps
- Meals, drinks and laundry not specified
- Premium-brand drinks, Champagne, Cognac, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Gratuities and any items of a personal nature
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified
- Flights and transfers not specified
- Exclusive viewing activities unless specified
- National park and concession fees not specified
- Visa fees (please be sure to check if visas are required)
- Travel insurance
- Statutory increases beyond our control
- Additional activities not specified, including but not limited to:
- Spa treatments